VEGAN “BEEF” & BROCCOLI
VEGAN "BEEF" & BROCCOLI
Write a review
- 14 oz seitan (400g), homemade or store bought, cut into thin bitesize pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup (220ml) vegetarian stir fry sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup (50ml) vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil for serving (optional, but recommended)
- Bring a mediumsized pot with water to a boil and add the broccoli. Boil for maximum two minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. I do this whenever using broccoli in wok dishes to keep it nice and crunchy! Set the broccoli aside.
- Next add some vegetable oil in a medium-sized wokpan over medium to high heat. Stir-fry the seitan until golden, this should take about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan, add the onions and bell pepper and stir fry over high heat for a couple of minutes. Make sure it stays nice and crisp! Now add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a couple of more minutes.
- Now add the broccoli and stir-fry for a minute or so until heated through.
- Add the seitan, vegetarian stir-fry sauce and the vegetable stock, mix well and let it simmer for a couple of minutes until heated through. Season with black pepper and salt if needed.
- Drip a few drops of sesame oil on top and serve with rice. Enjoy!
- I made and used the seitan from theveganzombie.com for this recipe, but i halfed the amount of brown sugar for the seitan dough.