THE BEST HUMMUS
Super smooth hummus
Write a review
- 3 cups (550g) boiled chickpeas/garbanzo beans (see notes)
- 4 tbsp (60ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) tahini
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp (5g) cumin
- 1,5 tsp salt, or to your taste
- Water as needed for desired consistency
- Add the tahini and the lemon juice to a food processor, and process for about one minute. You might have to stop and scrape down from the sides once in a while. Make sure that it mixes well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the chickpeas), one at a time, processing 30 seconds to one minute per ingredient. Stop and scrape down from the sides if needed.
- Now add half of the chickpeas and process for a couple of minutes, until smooth. Add a little bit of water if it's to dry.
- Add the rest of the chickpeas and a little bit of water and process until super smooth. You might have to add a little more water to get desired consistency.
- Taste and check if it needs more salt, cumin or lemon juice to your taste. Transfer to jars and top up with some olive oil and paprika powder.
- This is a pretty big batch and makes 4 cups of hummus. It works perfectly as a spread, dip or as a dressing in falafel wraps!
- I used 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and pressure-cooked for 12 minutes. You can of course use canned chickpeas, but I prefer to soak and pressure cook for a more natural flavor.