VEGAN MAC & “CHEESE”
VEGAN MAC & "CHEESE"
Super creamy, comforting pasta dish. It's simply delicious!
Write a review
- 18 oz (500g) macaroni, penne, or any other pasta of your choice
- 1 cup (200g) potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup (30g) carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) raw cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to your taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (160ml) of preserved water from boiling the vegetables
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper for serving
- Pinch of red chili flakes for serving (optional, but recommended!)
- Fresh parsley for serving (optional)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the potatoes, onions and carrots. Let the veggies boil until completely soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and preserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Add the veggies and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until very smooth. Taste if it needs more salt.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Soak the cashew nuts for 1 hour in warm water if you don't have a high speed blender like Vitamix or Blendtec.